Hot Tap Overview
Companies are often required to make modifications to their existing process piping systems, vessels or tankage systems for reasons of expansion or maintenance. Historically, this has required shutting down a portion of the system and purging the gas to the atmosphere or draining oil and /or hydrocarbons to ensure a safe connection. Hot tapping is an alternative procedure of making connections to in-service piping systems, tanks and vessels.
While hot tapping is not a new practice, it is Red Flame Industries’ commitment to risk management, uncompromising standards, complete hot tap services, custom designed solutions, and a perfect safety record that has addressed the concerns operators may have experienced with this service in the past.
- Environmentally Safe – avoids the risk of spillage or gas venting.
- No service disruptions and customer inconvenience
- Cost-effective – less than the total cost of a cold connection
- No loss of production or sales
- Branch connections and tie-ins to pipe systems, tanks and pressure vessels.
- Thermowell™ installations
- Storage Tank nozzles
- Variations of hot taps do exist for the following assemblies: weld-o-lets, thread-o-lets, repads and mechanical fittings
- 45 degree Hot Taps
- Hot taps range from ¼ in through 48 in outlet size with pressures up to 5,000 psi (35,000 kPa) at 700°F
- Hot taps can be utilized on a variety of pipe systems, which include steel, cast iron, concrete, stainless steel, ductile iron and plastic
- Hot taps can be performed on a variety of systems containing oil, sour gas, sweet gas, wastewater, drinking water, steam, etc.
RFI can aid in your hot tap project from start to finish, with project engineering, welding, and inspection in addition to performing the actual hot tap. For more information on in-service welding, please contact us.